A little about the author (FC10)

With the end of the school year and summer quickly approaching after a never ending list of tests/exams, now is the time most people begin to feel completely done with school and any kind of work in general. (Myself included.) This year has been my favorite year of school, by far. (Yup, even with the enormous workload.) I sincerely hope it continues to get better and better as we get older. This year not only did I become better friends with those I already have, I also got to meet and get to know a lot of great people in our grade. I never realized the variety of unique personalities we have within our grade/class. I think that sometimes we become so consumed by the whirlwind of the normal school routine that we often don’t have time to take a step back and get to know all the great people we have been going to school with for the past three years or longer.  So for this reason, before I lose touch with any of you people, I’d like to share a few random facts about myself with this fun, simple, last little blog post.

1) My birthday is September 5th, often falls on the first day or second day of school.

2) I play the flute (if you hadn’t already noticed from my previous blog posts). Currently teaching myself how to play the piano and bamboo flute, and my best friend is teaching me how to play the harp! You could say there are a lot of instruments I’d like to learn how to play.

3) Soccer is my favorite sport. I’m beyond excited for the FIFA World Cup this summer, especially because it’s in Sao Paolo, Brazil which is home to my favorite team so now I’m like 3x more excited.

4) My height is 5′ 7″.

5) My sister and I painted enormous flower designs kind of mural-style on our living room wall and it actually came out looking pretty nice. To be honest I’m just surprised my mom let us try that in the first place.

6) I have four people who I can confidently say are my best friends. Four may be a small number to some, but to me it’s all that I need.

7) My favorite scents are jasmine, mint, vanilla, citrus…pretty much anything fruity/flowery.

8) I thoroughly enjoy sniping candid pictures of people.

9) I’m a big fan of stand up comedy, jokes, and puns. (No matter how cheesy they may be.)

10) Someday I want to travel the world.

11) I love anything and everything Disney, especially their soundtrack music. My favorite Disney movie has to be the Lion King.

12) Favorite TV show is currently Sherlock.

13) Some of the qualities that I really enjoy in people are a good sense of humor, sarcasm, bubbliness, simplicity, creativeness, and thoughtfulness.

14) Favorite ice cream flavors are cookie dough and mint chocolate chip.

15) Favorite fruits are mangoes and watermelon.

16) I’m really into architecture, I actually wanted to major in it in college but I researched online that architects have one of the highest unemployment rates in the country (bummer) SO instead I decided to major in some type engineering which I also find pretty interesting and is related to architecture.

17) Favorite cities are Chicago and New York City.

18) I have a big fat humongous family, with 14 cousins, and I love it.

19) I’ve always wanted to learn how to fly a plane.

20) Favorite foods are ice cream and goldfish.

21) Favorite holiday is Christmas because I love the spirit of it and the colors and the excitement of buying/receiving cute presents from people, it’s so much fun. I also love all the lights strung up during the holiday season, wish they could stay up all year round.

22) I was a bit of a perfectionist and I still can be occasionally, but the laziness that comes with the workload of junior year drastically changed that. 😛

23) Favorite flowers are lotuses.

24) “What is your favorite song” is probably the worst question someone could ask me. There’s just so many good ones it’s extremely difficult to pick only one.

25) I really like spy/mystery novels, TV shows, and movies with a lot of drama and mind-blowing plot twists.

Well I hope you enjoyed reading a little bit about who I am as an individual, feel free to share your thoughts. Best of luck finishing up with the rest of our junior year!! Let’s enjoy it while we can. 🙂

2 thoughts on “A little about the author (FC10)

1. I really enjoyed the format of this blog post! It was unique and totally unlike most of the other blog posts I have seen. I think that it was a great idea to add your own personal touch to your blog and let readers know a bit more about yourself. If we had another blog post due for this assignment, then I would probably choose to do one based off of yours! I few comments on the provided facts- first of all, we actually have a lot of similarities! You can never go wrong with ice cream and gold fish, and I, too have a huge family. Also, I feel the same way about a favorite song- I can never choose one! On the other hand, your two favorite cities are ones that I have never visited, but I would really like to. Awesome post, Shivani!

2. I like how you made this blog post really creative. I never thought about making this post. It is like those “Random facts about me” on someone’s youtube channel. I love anything that smells lemon/citrus like too! I also like fruits. And it is quite surprising to know that someone wants to learn how to fly a plane.